The ultimate guide to using WordPress to make your life easier
This newest edition from the world's most popular resource for web designers and developers presents you with nothing less than the latest and greatest on everything that WordPress has to offer. As one of the hottest tools on the web today for creating a blog, WordPress has evolved to be much more than just a blogging platform and has been pushed beyond its original purpose. With this new edition of a perennially popular WordPress resource, Smashing Magazine offers you the information you need so you can maximize the potential and power of WordPress.
- Takes you through the anatomy of a WordPress installation and shows you how WordPress actually works behind the scenes
- Walks you through custom post types and details how they work, what they can be used for, and how you can make them appear in your regular content flow
- Explains how to build beautiful and unique WordPress themes and creating amazing navigation
- Guides you through building plugins, integrating theme options, creating custom login forms and admin themes, and using the Loop to control content
- Zeroes in on building a WordPress project for SEO and highlights integrating WordPress with the social web
Smashing WordPress: Beyond the Blog, Fourth Edition shows you how to take WordPress further than just an ordinary blog.
|Series:||Smashing Magazine Book Series|
|Product dimensions:||7.30(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.90(d)|
Table of Contents
PART I: GETTING STARTED WITH WORDPRESS.
Chapter 1: Anatomy of a WordPress Install.
Chapter 2: The WordPress Syntax.
Chapter 3: The Loop.
PART II: DESIGNING AND DEVELOPING WORDPRESS THEMES.
Chapter 4: WordPress Theme Essentials.
Chapter 5: The Child Theme Concept.
Chapter 6: Advanced Theme Usage.
PART III: USING PLUGINS WITH WORDPRESS.
Chapter 7: Anatomy of a WordPress Plugin.
Chapter 8: Plugins or functions.php?
Chapter 9: Essential WordPress Plugins.
PART IV: ADDITIONAL FEATURES AND FUNCTIONALITY.
Chapter 10: WordPress as a CMS.
Chapter 11: Integrating the Social Web.
Chapter 12: Design Trickery.
Chapter 13: Fun with Images.
Chapter 14: Extra Functionality.
Chapter 15: Uncommon WordPress Usage.