Just in time for the Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, National Geographic introduces a brash, bold new series on extreme sports, a subject of high appeal and growing interest to today's kids. Starting with Ski! and Snowboard!, the series gives young adventurers an informative, up-close look at sports that push human limits. Action-packed visuals and cool, fact-filled text let kids experience vicariously all the thrills and spine-tingling risks of participating in X-sports. From piping and speed boarding to skiing the steepest couloirs, readers will explore different varieties of each sport, learn its special moves, and see what the life of a competitor is like in a fast, fun introduction that will whet their appetites for more!
Each volume is packed with fun facts and details.
- Spectacular photographs capture all the action and allure
- Fun-to-read text filled with hip terms and insider lingo
- Simple drawings teach special moves and techniques
- How-to tips from the pros and champs
- Profiles of legendary competitors