Social Psychology Media: Media & Research Update / Edition 4 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
Engaging, integrative, and scientific, this #1-rated book on social psychology uses a story-telling approach to convey the science of social psychology in a fascinating, memorable, and completely entertaining manner. Successfully capturing the excitement of social psychology, it helps readers understand the whole context of the fieldhow theories inspire research, why research is performed as it is, and how further research triggers new avenues of studyand how all of this impacts their everyday lives. Vignettes and 'mini' stories within every chapter include detailed descriptions of classic and modern experiments, and describe an example of a real-life phenomenon designed specifically. Chapter topics cover methodology, social perception, self-knowledge, self-justification, attitudes, conformity, group processes, interpersonal attraction, prosocial behavior, aggression, and prejudice. For individuals interested in the field of social psychology.
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.58(w) x 11.32(h) x 1.24(d)|
Table of Contents1. Introduction to Social Psychology.
2. Methodology: How Social Psychologists Do Research.
3. Social Cognition: How We Think about the Social World.
4. Social Perception: How We Come to Understand Other People.
5. Self-Knowledge: How We Come to Understand Ourselves.
6. Self-Justification and the Need to Maintain Self-Esteem.
7. Attitudes and Attitude Change: Influencing Thoughts and Feelings.
8. Conformity: Influencing Behavior.
9. Group Processes: Influence in Social Groups.
10. Interpersonal Attraction: From First Impressions to Close Relationships.
11. Prosocial Behavior: Why Do People Help?
12. Aggression: Why We Hurt Other People.
13. Prejudice: Causes and Cures.
Social Psychology in Action 1: Social Psychology and Health.
Social Psychology in Action 2: Social Psychology and the Environment.
Social Psychology in Action 3: Social Psychology and the Law.