Do you have an important message to communicate with the world, but don’t know how? Are you a researcher, scientist, or environmentalist who has real solutions to affect global change and potentially turn things around? Have you developed an online forum to share that knowledge? Publishing your research in scientific journals, magazines, and newspapers is great, but this information rarely gets in the hands of the greater population. The best way to reach the people of the world who have the power to affect real change in their daily lives and choices is through social media. Instructor, scientist, marketing expert, and author Sherry Nouraini, PhD, spent countless research hours reviewing how scientists and activists use social media for outreach, and saw no sign of effectiveness in their efforts. Additional research and observations in conversations around the topic of climate change in the blogosphere and social media confirmed her suspicions, and ignited her desire to be part of the solution in her own way. Social Solutions for Climate Change is her contribution to further the cause of climate change communication and mitigation. Through stories, case studies, and detailed instructions on how to set up and maneuver around the most popular social media channels being used today,
Dr. Nouraini details a clear path for anyone who has a message to share. In these pages you’ll discover:
• The current state of climate change communication and what activists have learned through their efforts, including which social media channels are most effective.
• How to lay a solid foundation and develop a strategy for science and climate change communication, whether through the tools of social media, or any other medium.
• The psychology behind decision making, and applying these findings to inspiring action among readers.
• Detailed strategy for using blogging, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Pinterest to communicate effectively and authentically with your target audience.
• How to effectively and authentically connect with your audience. Your message is your legacy, but it can only have an impact if it connects with an audience and inspires readers to action. If you have research, news, advice, or how-to tips to share with the world but are having trouble reaching people, this book is for you.