Software Testing: Testing Across the Entire Software Development Life Cycle / Edition 1 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
Software Testing presents one of the first comprehensive guides to testing activities, ranging from test planning through test completion for every phase of software under development, and software under revision. Real life case studies are provided to enhance understanding as well as a companion website with tools and examples.
About the Author
Gerald D. Everett, PhD, is IBM Certified in Instruction andMentoring. He received his doctorate in computer science from theUniversity of Texas at Austin. Dr. Everett's experience spans morethan thirty-five years of software development, testing, andconsultative services. His technology solutions have been deployednationally and internationally.
Raymond McLeod Jr., PhD, is Adjunct Professor at theUniversity of Texas at Austin, teaching courses in informationsystems and marketing. He has authored or coauthored severalpublications and was chair of the ACM Special Interest Group forComputer Personnel Research (SIGCPR).
Table of Contents
1. Overview of Testing.
2. The Software Development Lifecycle.
3. Overview of Structured Testing.
4. Testing Strategy.
5. Test Planning.
6. Static Testing.
7. Functional Testing.
8. Structural (Non-functional) Testing.
9. Performance Testing.
10. The Testing Environment .
11. Automated Testing Tools .
12. Analyzing and Interpreting Test Results.
13. A Full Software Development Lifecycle Testing Project.
14. Testing Complex Applications .
15. Future Directions in Testing. References.