The only continuous, step-by-step tutorial for SolidWorks
SolidWorks is a 3D CAD manufacturing software package that has been used to design everything from aerospace robotics to bicycles. This book teaches beginners to use SolidWorks through a step-by-step tutorial, letting you build, document, and present a project while you learn.
Tools and functionality are explained in the context of professional, real-world tasks and workflows. You will learn the essential functions and gain the skills to use the software at once.
- SolidWorks is a popular design software for manufacturing, and this book introduces it in the context of actually creating an object
- Begins with an overview of SolidWorks conventions and the interface
- Explains how to create models and drawings, create a revolved part and subassembly, and model parts within a subassembly
- Explores modification capabilities and drawing and Bill of Materials templates
- Moves on to top-level assembly models and drawings, Toolbox components and the Design Library, mates, export and printing capabilities, and creating renderings
- Includes a glossary, a foreword from the SolidWorks product manager, and downloadable tutorial files
SolidWorks 2010: No Experience Required quickly turns beginners into confident users of SolidWorks.
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||24 MB|
|Note:||This product may take a few minutes to download.|
About the Author
Gabi Jack is a Certified SolidWorks Professional and mechanical engineer who maintains a popular blog about solid modeling, design, and engineering (www.GabiJack.com).