Solutions Manual To Accompany Sampling Of Populations / Edition 3 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
A unique, accessible guide to current practices in population sampling.
Now in its third edition, this popular sampling text continues to provide a highly readable, practical treatment of the subject. Keeping the mathematics to a minimum, it walks the reader through real-world sample surveys-from sampling designs to problems of missing data and nonresponse to estimation procedures. This expanded and updated edition reflects the many developments in the field since the publication of the Second Edition, including the latest methods of multistage sampling, analysis of sample survey data, and software manipulation. Sampling of Populations, Third Edition offers:
• A wealth of examples illustrating key statistical issues with data sets available for downloading over the Internet.
• An emphasis on the most widely used sampling designs today, including completely revised chapters on cluster sampling designs.
• A new chapter devoted to telephone sampling and interviewing techniques-contributed by Robert Casady and James M. Lepkowski, who have made many important contributions in the area of telephone surveys.
• Illustrative examples detailing how statistical analysis can be performed by means of software now available for use on personal computers and designed specifically for analysis of sample survey data.
• Many new and updated practice exercises.