Books give important emotional and intellectual support for gifted children, many of whom face unique issues in their lives due to their special talents and abilities. The author describes how to use books as bibliotherapy to provide support, guidance, and insight.
Now in its second edition, this is an invaluable resource for parents looking for books to recommend to gifted readers not only to enjoy, but also to gain perspective on themselves and others.
- Intellectual and emotional growth through reading
- Reading needs of gifted children
- Summaries of just under 300 books
- Books indexed by author, title, and theme
- Books organized by grade level
- Discussion topics provided for every title
- Annotated bibliography