Download Area for Lecturers:
This book provides the necessary equipment for the application of spectroscopic methods in organic chemistry, as required as part of chemistry courses in all universities.
The following methods are explained and examples given:
- UV/Vis Spectroscopy, derivative Spectroscopy,
chirooptical methods CD and ORD.
- Aggregated molecules, charge transfer complexes,
- Infrared (IR) and Raman Spectroscopy, Fourier transform IR spectroscopy, and GC/IRcombination methods.
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (NMR), 1H-,
13C-, 19F-, 15N- und 31P-NMR, spin decoupling, triple resonance, INDOR
difference spectroscopy, 2D- and 3D-NMR, COSY, TOCSY, ROESY and NOESY spectra,
NOE, INEPT, and DEPT technique, DEPTQ, HETCOR, HRMAS, INADEQUATE and lanthanide shift reagents, simulation and calculation of spectra, and the combination of separation and NMR methods. The new 2D NMR techniques TOCSY,
HMQC and HMBC, more examples and a guide to completely assign all 1H and 13C
NMR signals of a given substrate.
- Mass spectrometry (MS), electron impact and chemical ionization (EI and CI), fast atom bombardment (FAB), electrospray und thermospray ionization (ESI and TSI), MS/MS technique (MSn), field ionization and field desorption (FI and FD), atmospheric pressure chemical ionization
(APCI), MALDI TOF technique, GC/MS, LC/MS, and HPLC-UV(DAD)-APCI combination
Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance MS (FT-ICR-MS). The layout and many tables help to introduce the reader to spectroscopy.
The extensive and thorough approach makes the text the first choice both as a companion for the professional chemists and as a refresher course in practical spectroscopy.
The second English edition is a translation of the 7th German edition, in which several major alterations and didactic improvements have been made.
For further information on our chemistry products, please visit: Thieme Chemistry.
|Edition description:||2nd edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.70(w) x 9.40(h) x 0.80(d)|
About the Author
Professor, BASF AG, Ludwigshafen, Germany