Spectrum VI: A Communicative Course in English / Edition 1 available in Paperback
Part of a 6-level course in English that teaches communication in real life situations. The language presented is authentic and useful, providing rich input for practice. The books are filled with opportunities for personal expression and activities that stimulate communication.
|Publisher:||Pearson Education ESL|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.26(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.39(d)|
Table of Contents
(NOTE: Each chapter includes five lessons and the following sections: Themes, Functions, Language, Forms, and Skills.)
SCOPE AND SEQUENCE.
1. Conjunctions. Hope vs. Wish in Past Time.
2. Verbs Followed by Direct Objects + Noun, Adjective, or Verb Complements. Questions Words with -Ever.
3. Some Verbs and Expressions That Require the Subjunctive. Two-Word Verbs.
4. Using Time Markers to Put Events in Order. General Statements with Before, After, and When. Specific Statements with Before, After, When, and While.
5. Dimensions and Weight. Order of Adjectives.
6. Connectors (Conjunctions and Prepositions). Three-Word Verbs.
7. Relative Clauses with Pronouns as Subjects: Reduced Restrictive Clauses. Placement of Adverbs.
8. Subjunctive Clauses vs. Infinitive Clauses. Double Comparatives.
9. The Future Perfect and the Future Perfect Continuous. Mixed Contrary-to-Fact Conditional Sentences: Present and Past.
10. Infinitives with Subjects vs. Gerunds with Subjects. Either Or, Neither Nor, and Not Only But (Also).
11. Short Answers with Modal Auxiliaries. Nonrestrictive vs. Restrictive Relative Clauses.
12. Special Word Order for Emphasis. Connectors In Spite Of and Despite; Yet; Nevertheless and Nonetheless; Whereas and While; and However and On the Other Hand.