Speed up your French is a unique and innovative resource that identifies and explains the errors most commonly made by students of French.
From false friends to idiomatic expressions and the use of prepositions, each of the nine chapters focuses on an aspect of the language where English speakers typically make mistakes. Full explanations are provided throughout with clear, comprehensive examples, enabling students to acquire a surer grasp of French vocabulary and idiom, as well as grammar.
- carefully selected grammar topics and examples based on the most commonly made errors
- extensive exercises and answer key to reinforce learning, link theory to practice and promote self-study
- use of mnemonic devices, including visual illustrations, to aid understanding
- Supplementary exercises and answer key available at www.routledge.com/cw/Jubb
Suitable both for classroom use or self-study, Speed up your French is the ideal resource for all intermediate learners of French wishing to refine their language skills.
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||3 MB|
About the Author
Table of Contents
1. Gender and number 2. Mastering false friends: verbs 3. Mastering false friends: nouns 4. Mastering false friends: adjectives and adverbs 5. Common verb phrases and idiomatic expressions 6. Pronominal verbs 7. Non-existent words, words with double meanings and other misused expressions 8. Use of prepositions and the translation of English phrasal verbs 9. Spelling, accents, elision, capitalization and punctuation