Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Spinal Injections & Peripheral Nerve Blocks: Volume 4: A Volume in the Interventional and Neuromodulatory Techniques for Pain Management Series; (Expert Consult Premium Edition -- Enhanced Online Features and Print) available in Hardcover, NOOK Book
Spinal Injections & Peripheral Nerve Blocks- a volume in the new Interventional and Neuromodulatory Techniques for Pain Management series - presents state-of-the-art guidance on when and why these procedures should be performed, the mechanisms of action on pain, and current guidelines for practice. Honorio Benzon, MD; Marc Huntoon, MD; and Samer Nauroze, MD offer expert advice and scientific evidence supporting the use of spinal injections and sympathetic nerve blocks. Comprehensive, evidence-based coverage on selecting and performing these techniques - as well as weighing relative risks and complications - helps you ensure optimum outcomes. With access to the fully searchable text at www.expertconsult.com and procedural videos on Expert Consult, you’ll have the detailed visual assistance you need right at your fingertips.
• Understand the rationale and scientific evidence behind spinal injections and sympathetic nerve blocks - when and why they should be performed, the mechanisms of action on pain, and current guidelines for practice - and master their execution.
• Optimize outcomes, reduce complications, and minimize risks by adhering to current, evidence-based practice guidelines.
• Apply the newest techniques in employing ultrasound, fluoroscopy and computed tomography(CT) to guide needle placement.
• Quickly find the information you need in a user-friendly format with strictly templated chapters supplemented with illustrative line drawings, images, and treatment algorithms.
• See how it’s done through step-by-step procedural videos on Expert Consult.
• Access the fully searchable contents at expertconsult.com.
Improve patient safety and minimize risks with evidence-based, step-by-step guidance for interventional and neuromodulatory techniques
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Series:||Interventional and Neuromodulatory Techniques in Pain Management Series|
|Product dimensions:||8.70(w) x 11.00(h) x 0.60(d)|
Table of Contents
Section I: General Considerations
Chapter 1: History of Spine Injections
Chapter 2: Therapeutic Agents for Spine Injection: Local Anesthetics, Steroids, Contrast Media
Chapter 3: Fluoroscopy, Ultrasound, CT, and Radiation Safety
Section II: Peripheral Nerve Blocks
Chapter 4: Differential Diagnostic Nerve Blocks
Chapter 5: Head and Neck Blocks
Chapter 6: Upper Extremity Peripheral Nerve Blockade
Chapter 7: Lower Limb Blocks
Chapter 8: Cervical and Lumbar Sympathetic Blocks
Chapter 9: Nerve destruction for the alleviation of visceral pain
Chapter 10: Peripheral Applications of Ultrasound for Chronic Pain
Section III: Injections for Back Pain
Chapter 11: Therapeutic Epidural Injections: Interlaminar & Transforaminal
Chapter 12: Facet (zygapophyseal) Intraarticular Joint Injections: Cervical, Lumbar and Thoracic
Chapter 13: Medial Branch Blocks: Cervical, Thoracic and Lumbar
Chapter 14: Radiofrequency rhizotomy for facet syndrome
Chapter 15: Sacroiliac joint injections and lateral branch blocks including water-cooled neurotomy
Chapter 16: Pulsed Radiofrequency
Chapter 17: Discogenic Pain and Discography for Spinal Injections
Chapter 18: Minimally Invasive Intradiscal Procedures for the treatment of discogenic lower back and leg pain
Chapter 19: Vertebral Augmentation
Chapter 20: Ultrasound-guided lumbar spine injections
Chapter 21: Ultrasound-guided Cervical Spine Injections
Chapter 22: Musculoskeletal Injections: Iliopsoas/quadratus lumborum, piriformis, trigger point injections
Chapter 23: Ultrasound and Fluoroscopic Guided Joint Injections