Most spiritual communities simply aren't a good match for us geeks.
- We're rational: we want a community of open-minded critical thinkers.
- We're practical: we want effective practices-not just philosophy.
- We're discerning: we're looking for clarity and insight-not just peace.
- We're self-directed: we're not interested in handing our lives over to gurus or spiritual institutions.
Spiritual Awakening for Geeks is both a supportive spiritual community and a set of clear, coherent, practical approaches to awakening-approaches that aren't tied to any particular religion or spiritual tradition.
This book is an exceptionally clear guide to cultivating two key aspects of awakening-mindfulness and insight-through meditation. This is a practical, step-by-step handbook for both beginning and experienced meditators. It shows how to:
- Increase your vitality and well-being by creating a spiritual practice routine.
- Free yourself from mental distraction and experience life more vividly through concentration meditation and other mindfulness practices. Traverse nine milestones that guide you from complete distraction through beginning, intermediate, and advanced levels of concentration.
- Transcend self and reality through insight practice. Explore the relationships between self, reality, awareness, and subjective experience as you access seven levels of insight. Experience the freedom of living with no ultimate frame of reference.
Lack of clarity can lead to countless hours of inefficient meditation practice. With this book and the support of the Spiritual Awakening for Geeks community, you can avoid wasting time and efficiently attain the meditation results you're seeking.
|Publisher:||Human Potential Arts|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 1.25(h) x 9.00(d)|
About the Author