SPON'S CIVIL ENGINEERING AND HIGHWAY WORKS PRICE BOOK 2018 from AECOM gives costs for both general and civil engineering works and highway works. It provides a full breakdown of labour, plant and material elements, with labour rates updated. cost guidance is given at a number of levels, varying from the more general functional costs to detailed unit costs, and in conformity with CESMM4 and the Highways Method of Measurement.
This 32nd edition incorporates a general update of prices in consultation with leading manufacturers, suppliers and specialist contractors -- especially in line with changes in the labour force and devaluation of the pound:
- Adjustments to the scope, range and detail of information help the user adjust unit costs with reference to allocated resources and outputs
- Resource costing in Part 4 is supplemented by the further advice on output factors in Part 10.
- Rail rates have been heavily revised, as the rail sector is currently overstretched.
- Man hours methodology has been generally used instead of gang rates, clarifying labour costs and output
Use the access code inside the front cover of the book to get set up with a VitalSource® ebook of this 2018 edition. This versatile and powerful online data viewing package is available for use until the end of December 2018.
In a time when it is essential to gain 'competitive advantage' in a sometimes turbulent market, this price book provides instant-access cost information and forms a one-stop reference.
… along with the standard features you have come to expect from SPON'S CIVIL ENGINEERING AND HIGHWAY WORKS PRICE BOOK:
- for budgeting: estimating principles, on-cost advice, method-related charges
- for resource costings: labour costs, plant costs, material prices
- for rapid cost information: approximate estimates, dayworks, cost indices
- for plant and labour allowances: production rates, outputs, man hour constants
- for detailed pricing: unit costs with full breakdown, or specialist prices, with advice on item coverage, waste allowances and comparative costs
- for incidental advice: tables and formulae, technical information, professional advice
- updates, free of charge, two or three times a year – see inside for registration details. Updates are available online at www.pricebooks.co.uk