At a time of profound change in the economic, social, political and sporting landscape, sport development faces important challenges. Now in a fully revised and updated third edition, Sport Development: Policy, Process and Practice is still the most detailed, authoritative and comprehensive guide to all aspects of contemporary sport development.
This book examines the roles of those working in and around sport development and explores the most effective methods by which professionals and volunteers can promote interest, participation or performance in sport. Combining essential theory with practical analysis, the book covers key topics, themes and issues found on the sport development curriculum, including:
- Sport policy
- Developing ‘Sport for All’
- Community sport development
- Partnerships in sport
- PE and school sport
- Sport and health
- Resources for developing sport
- Voluntary sports clubs
- Sport development and coaching
- Disability and sport development
- Researching and evaluating sport development
- The Olympic and Paralympic Games
- International sport and development
Each chapter contains a full range of pedagogical features to aid learning and understanding, including revision questions, and case studies, while a new companion website provides additional teaching and learning resources, including useful weblinks for students and PowerPoint slides and a test bank for lecturers. Sport Development: Policy, Process and Practice is an invaluable resource for all students, researchers and professionals working in sport development.
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Product dimensions:||6.75(w) x 9.75(h) x 0.90(d)|
About the Author
Kevin Hylton is Professor of Social Sciences in Sport, Leisure and Education, Carnegie Faculty, Leeds Metropolitan University, UK. Kevin’s research interests focus on diversity, equity and inclusion in sport, leisure and education. Kevin has been heavily involved in community sport development and works with equality bodies such as the Runnymede Trust. Kevin’s publications include Sports Development: Policy, Process and Practice (2001; 2008). Kevin also wrote ‘Race’ and Sport: Critical Race Theory (2009) and Atlantic Crossings: International Dialogues on Critical Race Theory (2011).
Table of Contents
1. Introduction 2. Sport Policy 3. Developing Sport for All? Addressing Inequality in Sport 4. Community Sports Development 5. Partnerships in Sport 6. Physical Education and School Sport 7. Sport and Health 8. Disability and Sports Development 9. Resources for Developing Sport 10. Volunteering for Sports Development 11. Sports Development and Sports Coaching 12. Sport For Development 13. Sports Development and the Olympic/Paralympic Games 14. Researching and Evaluating Sports Development