Temporarily Out of Stock Online
Maintain high-performance,mission-critical SQL Server databases Install,manage,and troubleshoot SQL Server 7
From discussions of simple-machine installations to complex replication models able to handle linked machines on multiple continents,this book is filled with real-world examples and expert advice. Written by professional SQL Server administrators for professional SQL Server administrators,the book features the authors' own real-world experience and helps you address the problems you confront most often. No SQL Server DBA should be without this authoritative,hands-on resource.
- Install SQL Server and handle unattended installations
- Understand the construction and usage of all the system databases,including the Master,Model,MSDB,Distribution,and TempDB databases
- Implement security measuresmapping logins,permissions,application roles,stored procedures,and views
- Handle data storage,manipulation,and backup,including the use of DTS,new stored procedures,and Enterprise Manager wizards
- Monitor,troubleshoot,and achieve blazing performance with various tools,including event viewer,query analyzer,SQL Profiler,Windows NT Performance Monitor,and more
- Automate SQL Server to perform simple and complex tasks at regular intervals
- Implement real-world data replication.
Table of ContentsInstallation.
System Architecture of SQL Server.
The Structure of Data in SQL Server.
Transferring Data and Managing Distributed Data.
Implementing and Managing a Backup Solution.
Monitoring and Optimization.
Automating SQL Server.
Planning, Maintaining, and Troubleshooting with SQL Server. Appendix:
Stored Procedure Summary.