The Skills You Need to Develop OLAP Solutions with SQL Server 2000
This one-of-a-kind book teaches you everything you need to know to use Microsoft's Analysis Services software to build, implement, and manage effective OLAP solutions. Expert advice and in-depth explanations combine to help you and your company take full advantage of the affordable power of SQL Server's built-in OLAP functionality.
- Analyzing large volumes of data effectively with Analysis Services
- Architecting and designing data analysis applications
- Querying OLAP data using MDX
- Programming applications using ADO/MD
- Managing Analysis Services servers with DSO
- Building data mining solutions with Analysis Services
- Using English Query for natural language querying of OLAP data
- Choosing appropriate client tools for exploring OLAP data
- Using the PivotTable Service for client-side data analysis
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
|Series:||Developer's Handbook Series|
|Product dimensions:||7.56(w) x 9.00(h) x 1.20(d)|
About the Author
Mike Gunderloy is an internationally recognized database developer and is the coauthor of the best-selling Mastering SQL Server 2000 and Access Developer's Handbook. He also wrote Visual Basic Developer's Guide to ADO.
Tim Sneath, an MCSD and MCSE, has worked on many OLAP Services projects. He works part-time for Microsoft's U.K. community development team, presenting at seminars across the country. He has been a regular speaker at TechEd, Developer Days, and the Software Developer conference.