The Ultimate Behind-the-Scenes Tour de Force
In 1977, George Lucas brought Star Wars to the big screen--and made cinema history. Now, more than twenty years later, the visionary writer-director, his brilliant crew of special-effects wizards, and an exciting cast of talented stars have united to make the long-awaited and eagerly anticipated Episode I of the Star Wars epic.
Star Wars: The Making of Episode I is your exclusive entrée backstage where the wonders of the newest chapter in the Star Wars saga are brought to life, including
- A series of exclusive interviews with George Lucas as he discusses the genesis of the Star Wars story, from themes to scenes to dialogue
- The development of such classic characters as young Jedi student Obi-Wan Kenobi and R2-D2--plus intriguing newcomers Anakin Skywalker, Qui-Gon Jinn, Queen Amidala, and Jar Jar Binks
- The creation of new state-of-the-art creatures and special effects by the legendary Industrial Light & Magic team
- Pre-production: from storyboarding, set-building, and model-making to costume design and the casting of pivotal roles
- Post-production: Including editing, scoring, and combining computer generated effects with live-action footage
- Shooting in England, Italy, and Tunisia, with stars Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor, and Natalie Portman
- Hundreds of drawings and photographs
Witness all the movie-making magic behind the sensational Star Wars saga's newest episode!
|Publisher:||Random House Publishing Group|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 11.00(h) x 0.40(d)|
About the Author
Jody Duncan has authored dozens of articles on motion picture technology for Cinefex magazine, and has served as that publication's editor since 1992. She is also the author of many books on the making of major motion pictures, including The Making of The X-Files movie, The Making of The Lost World: Jurassic Park, The Making of Jurassic Park, and The Making of Terminator 2: Judgment Day. Her play, A Warring Absence, won a national playwriting award, and was produced in Los Angeles in 1994.
From the Hardcover edition.