Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Get it by Friday, January 19
, Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Same Day delivery in Manhattan. Details
Ready to learn Microsoft Visual Basic? Start Here!
Learn the fundamentals of modern programming with Visual Basic 2012—and begin building your first Windows 8 apps for the desktop. If you have absolutely no previous experience with Visual Basic, no problem—simply start here! This book introduces must-know concepts and techniques through easy-to-follow explanations, examples, and exercises.
Here’s where you start learning Visual Basic
- Learn the fundamentals of programming with Visual Basic
- Discover how to to bind controls to data
- Design and interact with user interfaces built with XAML
- Build and debug complete applications
- Learn the basics of Windows 8 application design
- Find out how to deliver your applications to the Windows Store
About the Author
Michael Halvorson has written more than 30 books, including the popular Microsoft Visual Basic 2008 Step by Step, Microsoft Office XP Inside Out, and Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Professional Step by Step. A former Visual Basic localization manager at Microsoft, Michael is a professor at Pacific Lutheran University.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Getting to Know Visual Basic 2012
- Chapter 2: Creating Your First Windows 8 Application
- Chapter 3: Using Controls
- Chapter 4: Designing Windows 8 Applications with Blend for Visual Studio
- Chapter 5: Working with XAML
- Chapter 6: Visual Basic Language Elements
- Chapter 7: Controlling Application Design, Layout, and Program Flow
- Chapter 8: Using the .NET Framework
- Chapter 9: Debugging Applications
- Chapter 10: Managing Data with Arrays and LINQ
- Chapter 11: Design Focus: Five Great Features for a Windows 8 Application
- Chapter 12: Future Development Opportunities and the Windows Store