Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Statistical Methods for the Social Sciences / Edition 4 available in Hardcover
Assuming no prior knowledge of statistics, these authors combine their varied backgroundsone a statistician, the other a social scientistto introduce statistical methods with a high degree of statistical accuracy and a wealth of examples that are interesting and relevant to social scientists. KEY TOPICS: The Third Edition has been both updated and improved to integrate real-world data into examples and exercises, and make coverage more accessible throughout.
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.10(w) x 10.10(h) x 1.10(d)|
Table of Contents1. Introduction
2. Sampling and Measurement
3. Descriptive Statistics
4. Probability Distributions
5. Statistical Inference: Estimation
6. Statistical Inference: Significance Tests
7. Comparison of Two Groups
8. Analyzing Association Between Categorical Variables
9. Linear Regression and Correlation
10. Introduction to Multivariate Relationships
11. Multiple Regression and Correlation
12. Comparing Groups: Analysis of Variance Methods
13. Combining Regression and ANOVA: Analysis of Covariance
14. Model Building with Multiple Regression
15. Logistic Regression: Modeling Categorical Responses
16. Introduction to Advanced Topics
Appendix: SAS and SPSS for Statistical Analyses
Answers to Selected Problems