Stealing the Network: How to Own the Box is NOT intended to be a "install, configure, update, troubleshoot, and defend book." It is also NOT another one of the countless Hacker books out there. So, what IS it? It is an edgy, provocative, attack-oriented series of chapters written in a first hand, conversational style. World-renowned network security personalities present a series of 25 to 30 page chapters written from the point of an attacker who is gaining access to a particular system. This book portrays the "street fighting" tactics used to attack networks and systems.
- Not just another "hacker" book, it plays on "edgy" market success of Steal this Computer Book with first hand, eyewitness accounts
- A highly provocative expose of advanced security exploits
- Written by some of the most high profile "White Hats", "Black Hats" and "Gray Hats"
- Gives readers a "first ever" look inside some of the most notorious network intrusions
|Product dimensions:||0.68(w) x 7.50(h) x 9.25(d)|
Table of Contents
1. Hide and Sneak-Ido Dubrawsky
2. The Worm Turns
3. Just Another Day at the Office
4. h3X’s Adventures in Networkland-FX
5. The Thief No One Saw
6. Flying the Friendly Skies
8. Social (In)Security
10. The Art of Tracking
Appendix The Laws of Security