- Pub. Date:
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Whether GED candidates need in-depth work on one or all of the GED content areas, this series is the solution. Single-subject titles give your learners as much focused instruction and authentic practice as they need. And no preparatory program matches Steck-Vaughn GED for depth and breadth of coverage of the skills and content tested by the GED.An easy-to-find tip in every lesson teaches a new study strategy or test-taking strategy to combat anxiety, increase confidence, and improve performance. Includes instruction in the use of the Casio fx-260, the official calculator of the GED Test.
- Language Arts, Writing reflects the increased emphasis on business documents and introduces the newest GED content: organization questions.
- Language Arts, Reading presents passages from both literary and nonliterary texts, while developing skills in the newest GED cognitive level: synthesis.
- The Essay prepares learners for the four-point scoring rubric.
- Social Studies features practical documents, graphics, and world history passages while teaching the higher-order thinking skills of application, evaluation, and analysis.
Your learners pass the GED, or we'll refund your money. Just send us your learner's completed workbook and evidence of the test score to get a full refund.
- Science, with an increased emphasis on graphics, addresses higher-order thinking skills while introducing a new content area: Earth and space science.
- Mathematics introduces alternative answer formats and statistics and probability.
- Timed-test practice and evaluation charts help track learners progress.