This highly illustrated manual provides practical guidance on structural steelwork detailing. It:
- describes the common structural shapes in use and how they are joined to form members and complete structures
- explains detailing practice and conventions
- provides detailing data for standard sections, bolts and welds
- emphasises the importance of tolerances in order to achieve proper site fit-up
- discusses the important link between good detailing and construction costs
Examples of structures include single and multi-storey buildings, towers and bridges. The detailing shown will be suitable in principle for fabrication and erection in many countries, and the sizes shown will act as a guide to preliminary design.
The second edition has been updated to take account of changes to standards, including the revisions to BS5950 and includes a new chapter on computer aided detailing.
|Product dimensions:||11.00(w) x 8.25(h) x 0.39(d)|
Table of Contents
Use of structural steel; Detailing practice; Design guidance; Detailing data; Typical connection details; Examples of structures.