This complete volume offers all the information and inspiration you need to create beautiful gardens that last from year to year. Hundreds of photographs, combined with fact-filled text, make Step-by-Step Perennials a timeless favorite for your gardening library.
- More than 100 step-by-step color photographs, plus many eye-catching overall garden photographs
- Garden plans and delightful watercolor designs, with complete planting diagrams and plant lists
- A chapter of design tips to help you incorporate perennials in a wide range of landscapes
- At-a-glance information on everything from planting perennials to cutting abundant bouquets
- An encyclopedia of more than 150 perennials
- Resources for plants, plus a comprehensive index
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
I received Step-by-Step Perennials as a present and it has turned out to be one of the most useful books I own. I am crazy about growing perennials and have a very large garden. I use this book to pick out new perennials to try, and for advice on how to grow better the ones I already have. I live in a cold winter, hot summer area, an area tough to grow many of the best perennials, but Step-by Step has provided me with good advice on how to get the most out of my flower beds. It is an easy to use, very attractive, well designed book. I'd rank this as one of my three most useful gardening books....the other two would be, Sunset Western Garden Book, and Allergy-Free Gardening, by Thomas Ogren. Step-by-Step Perennials is an excellent book! Highly recommended.
I often refer to this book year after year. The pictures in the back are a great reference to the different types of perennials. The first half of the book helps beginners & experienced gardeners with planting, arranging, dividing & pruning needs of perennials.