New York Times best-selling author and Reader’s Digest editor-in-chief Liz Vaccariello presents the easiest diet ever, offering quick and easy meals you can find or make anywhere you go using your favorite everyday brand-name foods—so you can drop up to a pound a day!
Want to drop up to a pound a day? You don’t have to give up your favorite foods or become a slave to your stove. Just follow this guide to lightening up by making little tweaks to your favorite breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. After analyzing the more than 40,000 products in the average supermarket plus menu items at popular chain restaurants and ingredients in everyday recipes, New York Times best-selling author and Reader's Digest editor-in-chief Liz Vaccariello reveals the hidden fat bombs you’re eating—and the simple, healthier substitutes that taste just as good. She tells you how to change brands, substitute similar foods, order better takeout and restaurant meals, and buy smarter at the grocery store. Losing weight has never been so simple!
Featuring more than 500 photographs, Stop and Drop Diet offers a mix-and-match 3-phase meal plan that's designed for fast weight loss and maximum flexibility along with balanced nutrition for good health. In each phase, simply choose from the lists of quick and easy meals, which include a variety of:
• packaged foods from the supermarket, from Kellogg's Special K granola bar to Starkist Chunk Light Tuna to Progresso canned soups and Lean Cuisine frozen dinners
• restaurant and on-the-go choices, from Wendy's cheeseburger and McDonald's Egg McMuffin to Chipotle salads and TGIF's Sizzling Chicken and Spinach
• simple 5-ingredient recipes, from a banana-berry smoothie to a turkey sandwich to a cheesy bean tortilla
• snacks and desserts, from chips and salsa to ice cream sandwiches and even Starbucks cake pops
There are no hard-to-find brands or expensive ingredients, and you can find something to eat anywhere you go, no matter what your taste or lifestyle.
The book also includes:
• an at-a-glance visual guide to the worst choices for each dish (the ones you want to stop eating) and the best choices for each dish (the ones you want to starting eating instead)
• inspiring stories and advice from the 10 real readers who tested out the diet, most of whom lost more than a pound a day in the first 5 days and continued to lose weight steadily (up to 20 pounds in 4 weeks and counting!)
• simple suggestions for substituting healthy, filling, and delicious foods to create your own meals to stop and drop a pound a day
From the team that created the bestselling Digest Diet and 21-Day Tummy Diet, here is a healthy, effective, and sustainable way to lose weight fast and keep it off for life; Stop & Drop a Pound a Day is truly the easiest diet ever.
|Publisher:||Reader's Digest Association, Incorporated, The|
|Product dimensions:||7.20(w) x 10.10(h) x 1.00(d)|
About the Author
Liz Vaccariello is the editor in chief and chief content officer of Reader’s Digest, one of the world’s largest media brands, with 26 million readers. A journalist with 20+ years experience in health and nutrition, she’s also the coauthor of the New York Times bestsellers Flat Belly Diet!, 400-Calorie Fix, The Digest Diet, and 21-Day Tummy. Vaccariello regularly appears on national programs such as Good Morning America and The Doctors, and has been featured on The Biggest Loser, Today, Rachel Ray, The View, and Dr. Oz. Previously, Liz was the editor-in-chief of Prevention. She lives in New Jersey with her husband and twin daughters. Her blog, Losing it with Liz, lives on rd.com. She has over 5,000 followers on Twitter (@LizVacc).