Enjoy the tales of Latin Americain Spanish and in English!
In Stories from Latin America/Historias de Latinoamerica, we've placed the Spanish and English stories side by sidelado a ladoso you can practice and improve your reading skills in your new language while enjoying the support of your native tongue. This way, you'll avoid the inconvenience of constantly having to look up unfamiliar words and expressions in a dictionary. Read as much as you can understand, and then look to the facing page for help if necessary. As you read, you can check your comprehension by comparing the two versions of the story. You'll also find a bilingual vocabulary list at the end of the book, so you'll have a handy reference for new words.
Stories from Latin America/Historias de Latinoamerica gives you the chance to
- Enjoy 16 fascinating short stories from Argentina, Bolivia, Colombia, Guatemala, Honduras, Paraguay, Peru, Venezuela, and more
- Fine-tune your language skills while gaining insight into the rich cultural heritage of the people of Latin America
- Improve your reading and listening skills with free audio downloads of four chapters from the book at mhprofessional.com
Genevieve Barlow is an experienced Spanish educator and author.
|Publisher:||McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||5.90(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.60(d)|
Table of Contents
1. The Gift of the Moon Goddess/El regalo de la diosa luna
2. Poor Fool!/¡Pobre inocente!
3. The Toad’s Spots/Las manchas del sapo
4. Corporal Montáñez/El cabo Montáñez
5. Quetzal Will Never Die/Quetzal no muere nunca
6. Pedro de Candía/ Pedro de Candía
7. The Adventures of Juan Bobo/Las aventuras de Juan Bobo
8. The Lame Man of Olancho
9. The Empty Boat/El barco vacío
10. Margarita’s Slip/La camisa de Margarita
11. The Trees of White Flowers/Los árboles de flores blancas
12. Somersault Street/La calle de la Machincuepa
13. Slayer of Sharks/El matador de tiburones
14. The Diamond Ring/La sortija de diamantes
15. The Inheritance/La herencia
16. The Origin of the Nopal Cactus/El origen del nopal