Storytelling is one of the oldest living traditions, continuing today as theatre, literature, television and film. Roleplaying games evolved their own version of storytelling by piecing together a tale based on the outcome of dice rolls and player choices. Story Engine breathes new life into this multi-authored game format, infusing it with the fluidity of oral tradition while liberating it from the confines of turn-based mechanics.
Create characters using adjectives and phrases. Like novels, the different elements of a character all contribute to the story -- even flaws and foibles. Collaborate to tell a story of the characters. Pool resources to work as a group to solve conflicts. Narrate the outcome of scenes based on success.
This updated 2011 edition of the original ground-breaking Story Engine roleplaying game features:
- Complete rules, plus introductory Story Bones™ rules
- Optional rules for customizing the system
- Extensive advice on running games
- Three plug-ins for running different genres: Six Guns & Whiskey™ (Wild West), In the 'Zone™ (Sci-Fi), and Of Legend™ (Fantasy)
- Plug-in for use with the Maelstrom Storytelling™ world
- Two adventures
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.32(d)|