Straight Talk about Gays in the WorkPlace,Second Editionby John Dececco, Phd, Liz Winfeld, Susan Spielman
Until recently, the topic of diversity in the workplace had been limited to race and gender issues. In the past decade, however, there has been a growing awareness that sexual orientation is also a valid component of diversity. Even more importantly, the inclusion of this aspect of diversity
Establish inclusive policies to increase productivity and profitability!
Until recently, the topic of diversity in the workplace had been limited to race and gender issues. In the past decade, however, there has been a growing awareness that sexual orientation is also a valid component of diversity. Even more importantly, the inclusion of this aspect of diversity and workplace education about it in organizational policy and programs are positive, revenue-enhancing actions for business organizations. This is true whether the organization in question is a municipal employer, a college/university, a nonprofit, or a private sector employer.
The first edition of Straight Talk About Gays in the Workplace was the only book available to address sexual orientation for employers concerned about this aspect of diversity. This new edition is still the only book to do so. The book's approach is positive and practical, offering not only the 'why’and the 'what', but also the 'how-to', with strategies and tools to improve any workplace relative to this part of human resources. This new edition is fully updated with state-of-the-art information on:
- domestic partner benefits (DPBs)
- effective education regarding sexual orientation in the workplace
- marketing opportunities generated by full inclusion
- why full inclusion makes good business sense
- workplace education about sexual orientation
- tax codes concerning partner benefits
- the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA)
- the Hate Crimes Bill
- all applicable tax codes concerning partner benefits
- sample affidavit for partner benefits
- sample announcement for partner benefits
- sample termination form for partner benefits
- detailed information on the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA)
- detailed information about the Hate Crimes Bil
- a model for successful education focused on sexual orientation
- Web resources for more information . . . and more!
What People are Saying About This
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews