This book comprehensively examines the wide spectrum of techniques (classic as well as more popular contemporary ones) involved in analyzing business, competitive data, and information. A consistent format for each technique includes a description, background, rationale and implications, advantages, limitations, process, and related tools. Twenty-four analytical tools are discussed and evaluated with examples to illustrate their most effective application. A unique evaluation process for each model identifies ease of use and practicality. Two-part organization covers analysis and its relationship to competitive intelligence and strategy, and the techniques of strategy and competitive analysis.
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.00(w) x 9.90(h) x 1.10(d)|
Table of Contents
PART 1. ANALYSIS AND ITS RELATIONSHIP TO COMPETITIVE INTELLIGENCE AND STRATEGY.
1. The Strategy and CI Process.
2. Analysis and Its Pitfalls.
3. The FAROUT System.
PART 2. THE TECHNIQUES OF STRATEGY AND COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS.
Section 1. Strategic Analytical Techniques.
4. BCG Growth/Share Portfolio Matrix. 5. GE Business Screen Matrix. 6. Industry Analysis. 7. Strategic Group Analysis. 8. SWOT Analysis. 9. Value Chain Analysis.
Section 2. Competitive and Customer Analysis Techniques.
10. Blindspot Analysis.11. Competitor Analysis.12. Customer Segmentation Analysis.13. Customer Value Analysis.14. Functional Capability and Resource Analysis.15. Management Profiling.
Section 3. Environmental Analysis Techniques.
16. Issue Analysis.17. Macroenvironmental (STEEP) Analysis.18. Scenario Analysis.19. Stakeholder Analysis.
Section 4. Evolutionary Analysis Techniques.
20. Experience Curve Analysis.21. Growth Vector Analysis.22. Patent Analysis.23. Product Life Cycle Analysis.24. S-Curve (Technology Life Cycle) Analysis.
Section 5. Financial Analysis Techniques.
25. Financial Ratio and Statement Analysis.26. Strategic Funds Programming.27. Sustainable Growth Rate Analysis.Index.