Figures and Exhibits.
PART ONE: UNDERSTANDING THE DYNAMICS OF STRATEGIC PLANNING.
1. Why Strategic Planning Is More Important Than Ever.
2. The Strategy Change Cycle: An Effective Strategic Planning Approach.
PART TWO: KEY STEPS IN USING THE STRATEGY CHANGE CYCLE.
3. Initiating and Agreeing on a Strategic Planning Process.
4. Clarifying Organizational Mandates and Mission.
5. Assessing the Environment to Identify Strengths and Weaknesses, Opportunities and Challenges.
6. Identifying Strategic Issues Facing the Organization.
7. Formulating and Adopting Strategies and Plans to Manage the Issues.
8. Establishing an Effective Organizational Vision for the Future.
9. Implementing Strategies and Plans Successfully.
10. Reassessing and Revising Strategies and Plans.
PART THREE: MANAGING THE PROCESS AND GETTING STARTED WITH STRATEGIC PLANNING.
11. Leadership Roles for Making Strategic Planning Work.
12. Getting Started with Strategic Planning.
A. Stakeholder Identification and Analysis Techniques.
B. The Oval Mapping Process: Identifying Strategic Issues and Formulating Effective Strategies.
C. Strategic Planning in Collaborative Settings.