Strategies for Defending Sex Crimes provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on best practices for representing clients accused of sex crimes. Featuring partners and chairs from some of the nation's leading law firms, this book guides the reader through the evolving nature of sex crimes in today's world, with emphasis on addressing issues that arise in sex crimes cases and exploring how social media have impacted the investigation of sex crimes. These top lawyers give tips on investigating the legal and ethical rules that govern discovery through social media, determining whether the client's offense will trigger sex offender registration requirements, and understanding the practical aspects of managing a heavy caseload. Finally, these leaders reveal their strategies for planning defensively, keeping abreast of changes, and finding creative solutions in a dynamic area of law. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts on the keys to success within this ever-changing field.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. Ronald L. Frey, Partner, Friedman & Frey LLC - "Defending Sex Crimes in the Digital Age"
2. Bradley Fox, Partner, Fox & Scott PLLC - "Understanding and Managing the Challenges of Sex Crime Cases: Look Beyond the Crime at Sex Offender Status and Registration"
3. Myles S. Breiner, President, Law Offices of Myles S. Breiner - "Expanding the Defense of Sex Crime Cases in the Information Age"
4. M. James Jenkins, Partner, Law Offices of M. James Jenkins PA - "Defending Sex Crimes Offenses through Thorough, Immediate Investigation and Building the Strongest Mitigation Possible"
5. Mark A. Satawa, Partner, Kirsch & Satawa PC - "Developing a Strong Theory of Defense for Sex Crime Cases"
Questions to Consider when Confronted with Law Enforcement's Utilization of Automated Software to Conduct a Search
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.30(d)|
Table of Contents
President, Law Office
Myles S. Breiner 4712 Exp
Partner, Law Offices of M. James Jenkins PA M. James "Jim" Jen
6112 Defending Sex Crimes Offenses Through Thorough, Immediat
Mark A. Satawa 9512 Developing a Strong T
Appendix: Questions to Consider when Confronted with Law Enforcements Utluzahon of