Strategy Concept and Process: A Pragmatic Approach / Edition 2 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Prentice Hall
Hax and Mailuf offer a pragmatic approach to strategic management, offering practicing managers and business readers a disciplined process that facilitates the formulation and implementation of strategy. Most comprehensive, integrated, explicit approach to strategy formulation; Proctor & Gamble used as a running case throughout the text. Other real world examples include NKK and Merck; global perspective, companies are drawn from all over the world.
|Edition description:||2nd Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 1.10(d)|
Table of Contents
I. STRATEGY AND PROCESS.
1. The Concept of Strategy and the Strategy Formation Process.
2. A Formal Strategic Planning Process.
II. BUSINESS STRATEGY.
3. Business Strategy: The Core Concepts.
4. The Mission of the Business.
5. Environmental Scan at the Business Level.
6. Internal Scrutiny at the Business Level.
7. The Formulation of the Business Strategy.
8. Strategic and Economic Evaluation of the Merits of a Strategy.
III. CORPORATE STRATEGY.
9. Corporate Strategy: The Core Concepts.
10. Environmental Scan at the Corporate Level.
11. The Mission of the Firm.
12. Business Segmentation.
13. Horizontal Strategy.
14. Vertical Integration.
15. Corporate Philosophy.
16. Strategic Posture of the Firm.
17. Resource Allocation and Portfolio Management.
IV. FUNCTIONAL STRATEGY.
18. Functional Strategy: The Core Concepts.
19. Human Resource Strategy.
20. Technology Strategy.
21. Manufacturing Strategy.