Train Your Brain for Happiness and Freedom from Chronic Stress
Our brains have evolved powerful tools for coping with threats and dangerbut in the face of modern stresses like information overload, money worries, and interpersonal conflicts, our survival reflexes can do more harm than good.
To help you adapt your nervous system to the challenges of today's world, neuropsychologist Dr. Rick Hanson presents Stress-Proof Your Brain. Join him to learn research-based techniques and meditations that will literally reshape your brain to make you more resilient, confident, and peaceful, including:
How to replace your brain's unhealthy reactions to stress with protective and self-nurturing responses
• Techniques for using memory to soothe and release painful feelings of sadness, guilt, anxiety, inadequacy, or anger
• Guided meditations for calming chronic worries, developing gratitude, building inner strength, and more
• How to rewire your brain away from frustration, heartache, fear, and anger toward contentment, love, and peace
List some qualities of the affiliating, approaching and avoiding systems
• Describe ways in which survival reflexes can do more harm than good
• Utilize practices that deepen the neurological capacity for happiness and wellness
• Practice guided exercises for calming chronic worries, developing gratitude, building inner strength
• Apply techniques that use memory to soothe and release painful feelings of sadness, guilt, anxiety, inadequacy, or anger
• Plan to use meditation to reshape your brain and be more resilient, confident, and peaceful
Modern brain research has helped us discover which contemplative practices have the most positive impact on our physical and mental health. With Stress-Proof Your Brain, Dr. Rick Hanson brings you scientifically sound tools for finding freedom from irritability, worry, and overwhelmby deepening your neurological capacity for happiness and wellness.
Related collections and offers
|Publisher:||Sounds True, Incorporated|
|Product dimensions:||7.44(w) x 11.10(h) x 0.62(d)|
About the Author
Rick Hanson, PhD, is a psychologist, senior fellow of the Greater Good Science Center at UC Berkeley, and New York Times bestselling author. His books are available in 26 languages and include Resilient, Hardwiring Happiness, Buddha’s Brain, Just One Thing, and Mother Nurture. He edits the Wise Brain Bulletin and has numerous audio programs. A summa cum laude graduate of UCLA and founder of the Wellspring Institute for Neuroscience and Contemplative Wisdom, he’s been an invited speaker at NASA, Oxford, Stanford, Harvard, and other major universities, and has taught in meditation centers worldwide.
Dr. Hanson has been a trustee of Saybrook University and has served on the board of Spirit Rock Meditation Center. His work has been featured on the BBC, CBS, and NPR, and he offers the free Just One Thing newsletter with 135,000 subscribers, plus the online Foundations of Well-Being program in positive neuroplasticity that anyone with financial need can do for free.
He enjoys rock climbing and taking a break from emails. He and his wife have two adult children.