Structural Design of Air and Gas Ducts for Power Stations and Industrial Boiler Applications available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- American Society of Civil Engineers
Prepared by the Air and Gas Duct Structural Design Committee of the Energy Division of ASCE.
This report assists structural engineers in performing the structural analysis and design of ductwork. Air and gas ducts for fossil fuel power stations and industrial boiler applications are unique structures, yet structural analysis and design of ductwork are not currently referenced or governed by any national code or design standard
- material selection, behavior and performance;
- design loads, loading combinations and allowable stresses;
- thermal considerations;
- vibration considerations;
- structural arrangement and behavior;
- toggle duct behavior and expansion joint considerations;
- overall duct structural analysis and design methods; and
- design considerations for local elements of the structure, such as stiffeners, internal braces, connections, turning vanes, and other flow distribution devices.
This report also discusses drawing and specification content, fabrication and construction techniques and considerations, duct support methods, and special considerations regarding the design of duct support structures. Finally, it talks about field maintenance examinations and inspections for the purpose of preventative maintenance or condition assessment.
|Publisher:||American Society of Civil Engineers|
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.40(h) x 0.70(d)|
Table of Contents
Introduction; Ductwork Arrangement and Behavior; Structural Material: Selection, Applications, and Properties; Service Conditions and Design Loads; Loading Combinations and Associated Design Stresses; Plate Design and Stiffener Location Considerations; Ductwork Global Structural Analysis; Structural Element Design; Structural Design of Flow Distribution Devices; Drawing, Fabrication, and Construction Techniques and Considerations; Insulation and Lagging; Maintenance Examination of Existing Duct Systems; References; Index
Most Helpful Customer Reviews