Updated to the 2009 International Building Code
Get the realistic practice you need to successfully prepare for the Structural Systems division of the Architect Registration Examination (ARE) with Structural Systems: ARE Sample Problems and Practice Exam. 125 challenging sample problems are presented in the same formats as the problems on the exam, including multiple-choice, check-all-that-apply, and fill-in-the-blank. A sample vignette prepares you for the graphic portion of the exam. Clearly explained solutions, are provided to supplement your review.
Also included is a realistic 125-problem practice exam that simulates the actual exam experience through content areas covered, length, level of difficulty, format, and the use of logical distractors. The practice exam includes a vignette covering structural layout just like the actual exam.
Coverage of the Structural Systems Content Areas
- Concrete Structures
- Foundation Systems
- Lateral Forces: Principles
- Notable Structures and Engineers
- Seismic Design
- Statics and Strength of Materials
- Steel Structures
- Structural Analysis
- Truss Analysis
- Walls and Retaining Walls
- Wind Design
- Wood Structures
- Structural Layout Vignette
Features and Benefits
- Challenging sample problems in the same format as the exam provide the realistic practice you need to successfully prepare for the Structural Systems division of the ARE.
- Downloadable PDF files, which can be can be imported into your drafting software, allow you to practice creating graphic vignette solutions.
- Practical tips for approaching the multiple choice sections, solving the vignettes, and using the vignette software help you avoid common mistakes.
- Updated codes and standards provide you with the most current ARE review materials.