Structure & Function of the Body - Softcover / Edition 15 available in Paperback
Mastering the essentials of anatomy, physiology, and even medical terminology has never been easier! Using simple, conversational language and vivid animations and illustrations, Structure & Function of the Body, 15th Edition walks readers through the normal structure and function of the human body and what the body does to maintain homeostasis.
• Conversational and clear writing style makes content easy to read and understand.
• Full-color design contains more than 400 drawings and photos.
• Clear View of the Human Body is a unique, full-color, semi-transparent insert depicting the human body (male and female) in layers.
• Animation Direct callouts direct readers to Evolve for an animation about a specific topic.
• Updated study tips sections at the beginning of each chapter help break down difficult topics and guide readers on how to best use book features to their advantage.
• Special boxes such as Health and Well-Being boxes, Clinical Application boxes, Research and Trends boxes, and more help readers apply what they have learned to their future careers in health care and science.
• NEW! Language of Science and Medicine section in each chapter includes key terms, word parts, and pronunciations to place a greater focus on medical terminology
• NEW! Thoroughly revised chapters, illustrations, and review questions reflect the most current information available.
• NEW! High quality animations for the AnimationDirect feature clarify physiological processes and provide a realistic foundation of underlying structures and functions.
• NEW! Simplified chapter titles provide clarity in the table of contents.
• NEW! Division of cells and tissues into two separate chapters improves reader comprehension and reduces text anxiety.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||10.80(w) x 8.50(h) x 1.00(d)|
Table of Contents
1.Introduction to the Body
2.Chemistry of Life
6.Skin and Membranes
14.Lymphatic System and Immunity
17.Nutrition and Metabolism
19.Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
22.Growth and Development
Appendix A: Body Mass Index
Appendix B: Common Medical Abbreviations, Prefixes, and Suffixes
Chapter Test Answers