Structured COBOL Programming / Edition 7by Nancy B. Stern
Pub. Date: 01/01/1994
Publisher: Wiley, John & Sons, Incorporated
This text builds on the strengths of previous editions and includes changes and additions that have significantly improved the text. The dual emphasis on structured program design and syntax is retained, as is the focus on top-down modular programming and documentation. The text is intended for readers with no previous programming or computer experience as well as for those with some background in the computing field.
- Wiley, John & Sons, Incorporated
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.77(w) x 11.03(h) x 1.55(d)
Table of Contents
1. An Introduction to Structured Program Design in COBOL.
2. The IDENTIFICATION and ENVIRONMENT DIVISIONS.
3. The DATA DIVISION.
4. Coding Complete COBOL Programs: The PROCEDURE DIVISION.
Unit II: Designing Structured Programs.
5. Designing and Debugging Batch and Interactive COBOL Programs.
6. Moving Data, Printing Information, and Displaying Output Interactively.
7. Computing in COBOL: The Arithmetic Verbs and Intrinsic Functions.
8. Decision Making Using the IF and EVALUATE Statements.
9. Iteration: Beyond the Basic PERFORM.
Unit III: Writing High-Level COBOL Programs.
10. Control Break Processing.
11. Data Validation.
12. Array Processing and Table Handling.
Unit IV: File Maintenance.
13. Sequential File Processing.
14. Sorting and Merging.
15. Indexed and Relative File Processing.
Unit V: Advanced Topics.
16. Improving Program Performance Using the COPY, CALL, and Other Statements.
17. An Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming.
Appendix A: COBOL Character Set and reserved Words.
Appendix B: Differences Among the COBOL Standards.
Appendix C: Glossary.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews