Study Guide and Procedure Checklist Manual for Kinn's The Medical Assistant: An Applied Learning Approach / Edition 13 available in Paperback
Get more practice with the essential medical assisting job skills! Designed to support Kinn’s The Medical Assistant: An Applied Learning Approach, 13th Edition, Kinn's The Medical Assistant – Study Guide and Procedure Checklist Manual Package: An Applied Learning Approach, 13th Edition offers a wide range of exercises to reinforce your understanding of common administrative and clinical skills including CAAHEP and ABHES competencies.
• A variety of exercises test your knowledge and critical thinking skills with vocabulary review, multiple choice, fill in the blank, and true/false questions.
• Additional exercises enhance learning with skills and concepts, word puzzles, case studies, workplace applications, and Internet activities.
• Procedure checklists help you track your performance of every procedure included in the textbook.
• Work products allow you to provide documentation to instructors and to accrediting organizations when a competency has been mastered.
• Cross-references tie together exercises in the study guide to the Connections theme in the main text.
• NEW! 15 procedure checklists based on CAAHEP competencies provide an assessment tool for MA procedures.
• NEW! Glucometer test results and Mantoux test records allow you to assess how well you’re able to perform these procedures.
• NEW! Coverage of ICD-10 prepares you to use this new code set.
• NEW! SimChart for the Medical Office Connection ties EHR cases to appropriate chapters.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||Study Guid|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 10.90(h) x 1.60(d)|
Table of Contents
Unit 1: Introduction to Medical Assisting
- The Medical Assistant and Competency-Based Education
- The Medical Assistant and the Healthcare Team
- Professional Behavior in the Workplace
- Therapeutic Communications
- Patient Education
- Medicine and Law
- Medicine and Ethics
Unit 2: Ambulatory Care Administration
- Technology and Written Communication in the Medical Office
- Telephone Techniques
- Scheduling Appointments and Patient Processing
- Daily Operations in the Ambulatory Care Setting
- The Health Record
- Administrative Pharmacology Applications
Unit 3: Coding and Medical Billing Procedures
- Basics of Diagnostic Coding
- Basics of Procedural Coding
- Basics of Health Insurance
- Medical Billing and Reimbursement
Unit 4: Medical Office Administrative Functions
- Patient Accounts, Collections and Practice Management
- Banking Services and Procedures
- Supervision and Human Resources Management
- Medical Practice Marketing and Customer Service.
Unit 5: Assisting with Medical Specialties
- All-Hazard Preparedness and Assisting with Medical Emergencies
Unit 6: Career Development
- Career Development and Life Skills