Learn to master maternal-newborn and women’s health nursing. Designed to accompany Murray's Foundations of Maternal-Newborn and Women's Health Nursing, 7th Edition, this workbook study guide gives you an in-depth understanding of the material from each chapter in the text. Learning activities and case studies encourage critical thought, and simulated patient situations give you practice applying what you’ve learned to the NCLEX® exam and clinical practice.
• Check yourself multiple-choice questions provide opportunity to prepare for NCLEX® examination.
• Clinical case studies encourage critical thinking for you to interpret information and select appropriate nursing actions.
• Learning activities help you master the content in their textbook and include: matching terms, medical therapy descriptions, nursing measures and their rationales, and labelling illustrations exercises.
• Developing insight suggested learning activities direct you to develop knowledge and interpret information gathered in cultural and community settings.
• Perforated book pages allow you to utilize the study guide for graded assignments.
• NEW! Updated content reflects the new edition of the textbook.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 1.25(h) x 9.00(d)|
Table of Contents
PART I: FOUNDATIONS FOR NURSING CARE OF THE CHILDBEARING FAMILIES 1. Maternity and Women’s Health Care Today 2. Social, Ethical and Legal Issues 3. Reproductive Anatomy and Physiology 4. Hereditary and Environmental Influences on Childbearing
PART II: THE FAMILY BEFORE BIRTH 5. Conception and Prenatal Development 6. Maternal Adaptations to Pregnancy 7. Antepartum Assessment, Care and Education 8. Nutrition for Childbearing 9. Assessing the Fetus: Prenatal Screening and Diagnostic Testing and Antepartum Fetal Testing 10. Complications of Pregnancy 11. The Childbearing Family with Special Needs
PART III: THE FAMILY DURING BIRTH 12. Processes of Birth 13. Pain management during Childbirth 14. Intrapartum Fetal Surveillance 15. Nursing Care During Labor and Birth 16. Intrapartum Complications
PART IV: THE FAMILY FOLLOWING BIRTH 17. Postpartum Adaptations and Nursing Care 18. Postpartum Maternal Complications 19. Normal Newborn: Processes of Adaptation 20. Assessment of the Normal Newborn 21. Care of the Normal Newborn 22. Infant Feeding 23. High-Risk Newborn: Complications Associated with Gestational Age and Development 24. High-Risk Newborn: Acquired and Congenital Conditions
PART VI: WOMEN’S HEALTH CARE 25. Family Planning 26. Infertility 27. Women’s Health
Answers to Selected Questions
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
This study guide is awesome!! I do not have time to read all chapters or to answer the questions in this study guide. What i do is read the questions out loud and the answers also.(the answer are at the end of each chapter). It is very helpful, i got 94 on my first Exame. Good luck!!