Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Study Guide for Fundamentals of Nursing / Edition 8 available in Paperback
Get the most out of your textbook with this helpful study tool! Corresponding to the chapters in Fundamentals of Nursing, 8th Edition, by Patricia Potter et al., this study guide helps you understand key concepts with review questions, exercises, and learning activities. Skills checklists on an Evolve companion website help you learn and master important nursing procedures.
- Preliminary Readings refer back to related chapters in Fundamentals of Nursing, 8th Edition.
- Comprehensive Understanding sections help you master the key topics and main ideas in each chapter.
- Case studies and Critical Thinking Model exercises help you apply what you've learned.
- Multiple-choice review questions evaluate your understanding of key chapter objectives.
- Content updates match the new information in Fundamentals of Nursing, 8th Edition.
- Updated skills performance checklists are now available on the Evolve companion website, and are both interactive and printable.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||Study Guid|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.80(d)|
Table of Contents
Unit 1: Nursing and the Health Care Environment
1. Nursing Today
2. The Health Care Delivery System
3. Community-Based Nursing Practice
4. Theoretical Foundations of Nursing Practice
5. Evidence-Based Practice
Unit 2: Caring Throughout the Life Span
6. Health and Wellness
7. Caring in Nursing Practice
8. Caring for the Cancer Survivor
9. Culture and Ethnicity
10. Caring for Families
11. Developmental Theories
12. Conception Through Adolescence
13. Young to Middle Adult
14. Older Adult
Unit 3: Critical Thinking in Nursing Practice
15. Critical Thinking in Nursing Practice
16. Nursing Assessment
17. Nursing Diagnosis
18. Planning Nursing Care
19. Implementing Nursing Care
21. Managing Patient Care
Unit 4: Professional Standards in Nursing Practice
22. Ethics and Values
23. Legal Implications in Nursing Practice
25. Patient Education
26. Documentation and Informatics
Unit 5: Foundations for Nursing Practice
27. Patient Safety
28. Infection Prevention and Infection Control
29. Vital Signs
30. Health Assessment and Physical Examination
31. Medication Administration
32. Complementary and Alternative Therapies
Unit 6: Psychosocial Basis for Nursing Practice
35. Spiritual Health
36. The Experience of Loss, Death, and Grief
37. Stress and Coping
Unit 7: Physiological Basis for Nursing Practice
38. Activity and Exercise
41. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance
43. Pain Management
45. Urinary Elimination
46. Bowel Elimination
47. Mobility and Immobility
48. Skin Integrity and Wound Care
49. Sensory Alterations
50. Care of Surgical Patients