Study Guide for Introduction to Maternity and Pediatric Nursing / Edition 7 available in Paperback
Leifer’s Study Guide for Introduction to Maternity and Pediatric Nursing is a rich resource that enhances your comprehension and application of material from every chapter of the textbook. With a variety of learning activities, critical thinking exercises, case studies, and review questions, this study guide reinforces your mastery of the essential maternity and pediatric nursing concepts and skills you need to pass the NCLEX-PN® Examination and succeed in your nursing career.
• NCLEX exam-style multiple-choice review questions at the end of each chapter test basic chapter knowledge as well as ask for appropriate nursing actions, what the nurse should expect in terms of medical care of the patient, and what complications the patient is at risk of developing.
• Case Studies and Applying Knowledge activities provide additional opportunities to apply learned information to clinical care.
• Thinking Critically activities require you to apply what you’ve learned in the textbook to new situations and draw conclusions based on that knowledge.
• Learning activities include matching, labeling, and completion exercises to help you learn basic concepts of maternity and pediatric nursing.
• Crossword puzzles in selected chapters are a nice way to change up the format when testing comprehension of terms and concepts.
• Answer key is located on the student’s Evolve website.
• Several Thinking Critically sections and case studies with critical thinking questions have been added.
• Alternate-item format questions are included in the review questions for the NCLEX® Examination.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.80(d)|
About the Author
Gloria Leifer, MA, RN, CNE
Table of Contents
UNIT I. An Overview of Maternity and Pediatric Nursing 1. The Past, Present, and Future
UNIT II. Maternal-Newborn Nursing and Women’s Health 2. Human Reproductive Anatomy and Physiology 3. Fetal Development 4. Prenatal Care and Adaptations to Pregnancy 5. Nursing Care of Women with Complications during Pregnancy 6. Nursing Care of Mother and Infant during Labor and Birth 7. Nursing Management of Pain during Labor and Birth 8. Nursing Care of Women with Complications during Labor and Birth 9. The Family after Birth 10. Nursing Care of Women with Complications Following Birth 11. The Nurse’s Role in Women’s Health Care 12. The Term Newborn 13. Preterm and Post-Term Newborns 14. The Newborn with a Perinatal Injury or Congenital Malformation
UNIT III. The Growing Child and Family 15. An Overview of Growth, Development, and Nutrition 16. The Infant 17. The Toddler 18. The Preschool Child 19. The School-Age Child 20. The Adolescent
UNIT IV. Adapting Care to the Pediatric Patient 21. The Child’s Experience of Hospitalization 22. Health Care Adaptations for the Child and Family
UNIT V. The Child Needing Nursing Care 23. The Child with a Sensory or Neurological Condition 24. The Child with a Musculoskeletal Condition 25. The Child with a Respiratory Disorder 26. The Child with a Cardiovascular Disorder 27. The Child with a Condition of the Blood, Blood-Forming Organs, or Lymphatic System 28. The Child with a Gastrointestinal Condition 29. The Child with a Genitourinary Condition 30. The Child with a Skin Condition 31. The Child with a Metabolic Condition 32. Childhood Communicable Diseases, Bioterrorism, Natural Disasters and the Maternal-Child Patient 33. The Child with an Emotional or Behavioral Condition
UNIT VI. The Changing Health Care Environment 34. Complementary and Alternative Therapies in Maternity and Pediatric Nursing