Get more practice with the essential medical assisting job skills! Designed to support Kinn’s The Administrative Medical Assistant: An Applied Learning Approach, 13th Edition, Kinn's The Administrative Medical Assistant – Study Guide and Procedure Checklist Manual Package: An Applied Learning Approach, 13th Edition offers a wide range of exercises to reinforce your understanding of common administrative skills including CAAHEP and ABHES competencies.
• A variety of exercises test your knowledge and critical thinking skills with vocabulary review, multiple choice, fill in the blank, and true/false questions.
• Additional exercises enhance learning with skills and concepts, word puzzles, case studies, workplace applications, and Internet activities.
• Procedure checklists help you track your performance of every procedure included in the textbook.
• Work products allow you to provide documentation to instructors and to accrediting organizations when a competency has been mastered.
• Cross-references tie together exercises in the study guide to the Connections theme in the main text.
• NEW! Eight procedure checklists based on CAAHEP competencies provide an assessment tool for MA procedures.
• NEW! Glucometer test results and Mantoux test records allow you to assess how well you’re able to perform these procedures.
• NEW! Coverage of ICD-10 prepares you to use this new code set.
• NEW! SimChart for the Medical Office Connection ties EHR cases to appropriate chapters.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||Study Guid|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.90(d)|
Table of Contents
Unit 1 - Introduction to Medical Assisting
1.The Medical Assistant and Competency-Based Education
2.The Medical Assistant and the Healthcare Team
3.Professional Behavior in the Workplace
6.Medicine and Law
7.Medicine and Ethics
Unit 2 - Ambulatory Care Administration
8.Technology and Written Communication in the Medical Office
10.Scheduling Appointments and Patient Processing
11.Daily Operations in the Ambulatory Care Setting
12.The Health Record
13.Administrative Pharmacology Applications
Unit 3 -Coding and Medical Billing Procedures
14.Basics of Diagnostic Coding
15.Basics of Procedural Coding
16.Basics of Health Insurance
17.Medical Billing and Reimbursement
Unit 4 - Medical Office Administrative Functions
18.Patient Accounts, Collections and Practice Management
19.Banking Services and Procedures
20.Supervision and Human Resources Management
21.Medical Practice Marketing and Customer Service
Unit 5 - Assisting with Medical Specialties
22.All-Hazard Preparedness and Assisting with Medical Emergencies
Unit 6 - Career Development
23.Career Development and Life Skills