You’ll learn how to accomplish these effects and more by working through a series of practical yet cutting-edge projects. Each chapter walks you through standalone exercises that you can integrate into projects you’re working on, or use as inspiration. You’ll learn all of the most popular, useful, and well-supported CSS3 techniques, plus:
- How to use CSS3 to enhance your pages, not just in terms of looks, but also in terms of usability, accessibility, and efficiency
- When and how to provide workarounds and fallbacks for older, non-supporting browsers
- How to create stunning designs with unique typography and beautiful graphic details
- Advanced new selectors to streamline your markup and make it less prone to human errors
- New methods for creating multiple-column layouts
- How to quickly and easily create mobile-optimized web designs without using scripting
Table of ContentsChapter 1 The CSS3 Lowdown
Chapter 2 Speech Bubbles
Chapter 3 Notebook Paper
Chapter 4 Styling Images and Links by Type
Chapter 5 Improving Efficiency Using Pseudo-classes
Chapter 6 Different Screen Size, Different Design
Chapter 7 Flexing Your Layout Muscles
Appendix A Browser Support
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
This book is designed for moderately experienced web designers who want to take their skills to a higher level by applying the enhanced web designing techniques and procedures that this book so aptly teaches and demonstrates. By using clear and compelling examples,most competent and ambitious web designers can readily apply the stunning lessons that are given in each chapter of this book successfully and achieve impressive results. Nervous novice web-designers be warned, if you cannot even understand the terms and topics that are listed in this book's table of contents, this book is definitely not designed for your current skill level and aptitudes. This author possesses awesome visual, verbal,and technical skills. Bravo!
This book is for persons already familiar with coding. Excellent examples and easy o use.
will definitely not buy a book like this without at least being able to see the table of contents in the sample. I've never seen a sample without the table of contents. wow, somebody hiding something?
What good is a sample when you're only given up through the table of contents to read?!?!