Stuttering Therapy: An Integrated Approach to Theory and Practice / Edition 1 available in Hardcover
*HA18, Stuttering Therapy: An Integrated Approach to Theory and Practice, Richard Culatta(Appalachain State University), Stanley Goldberg(San Francisco State University), U1647-9, 480 pp., 7 1/4 x 9 1/4, 0-023-26311-3, casebound, 1995, $39.00nk, October*/This book provides a comprehensive look at defining, measuring, and treating stuttering. It discusses basic concepts on which therapy is based and examines the process of diagnosis. The main portion of the book is devoted to therapy. Intervention programs are summarized and compared through the use of a unique methodology that clearly identifies attitudes and behaviors to be treated.
|Product dimensions:||7.24(w) x 9.57(h) x 1.05(d)|
Table of Contents
I. AN INTRODUCTION TO STUTTERING.
2. Different Types of Disfluency.
3. The Diagnostic Interview.
4. Assessment Techniques.
5. Culture and Stuttering.
6. Variables Affecting Stuttering Therapy.
7. Intervention and Transfer Strategies-Prolam-Gm.
8. Synopsis of Approaches to the Treatment of Stuttering.
9. A Strategy for Constructing Intervention Protocols.
Appendix A: Research Bibliography.
Appendix B: Self-Help and Professional Interest Groups.