Part of the LPN Threads series, Success in Practical/Vocational Nursing: From Student to Leader, 7th Edition helps you develop the practical knowledge and problem-solving skills you need for a successful career as an LPN/LVN. This edition features up-to-date content that is logically organized with concepts that build on each other as you progress through the material.
• 1-2-3-approach walks you through the steps of what you need to do and how to do it.
• A separate chapter on critical thinking and plentiful critical thinking exercises encourage you to apply your knowledge to solve problems in both academic and personal situations.
• Coverage of Medicare helps you understand the costs of managed care, especially in long-term settings for older adults, and how it affects LPN/LVN practice and patients.
• Keep In Mind boxes prompt you to consider the underlying theme as you read the chapter.
• New Research and Evidence Based Practice chapter addresses topics commonly encountered in LPN/LVN practice.
• New technology content helps you understand the role of simulation in nursing education and the proper etiquette for using electronic devices.
• Content reflects the concepts contained in the most current NCLEX-PN test plan.
• Professional Pointers throughout the text offer valuable advice on expectations in the professional arena during and after nursing school.
• Revised chapter on Health Care Systems reflects the implementation of dramatic changes.
• Updated nutrition and dietary information includes new MyPlate information.
• The latest protocols from the NAPNES, including student confidentiality, keeps you updated on your national association's practice standards.
• Revised, updated, and expanded culture content allows you to provide culturally sensitive care.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.58(w) x 10.70(h) x 0.59(d)|
Table of Contents
UNIT 1: The Adult Learner and the Practical/Vocational Nursing Program 1.The Adult Learner: Hints to Succeed 2.Time Management: Making Time Work For You 3.Learning Methods and Skills: How Do You Learn? 4.Using Your Methods and Skills: Studying and Testing 5.Learning During School: Using Available Resources 6.Personal Health Promotion: A Role Model for Patients UNIT 2: Building Blocks for Your Career 7.How Practical/Vocational Nursing Evolved: 1836 to Present 8.Critical Thinking: A Lifelong Journey 9.Nursing Process: Your Role 10.Nursing Theory, Research, and Evidence-Based Practice 11.Ethics Applied to Nursing: Personal vs. Professional Ethics 12.Nursing and the Law: What are the Rules? UNIT 3: Patients and Coworkers 13.Straightforward Communication: Instructors, Coworkers, and Patients 14.Assertiveness: Your Responsibility 15.The Health Care Team: Where the Practical/Vocational Nurse Fits In 16.Cultural Uniqueness Sensitivity and Competence 17.Spiritual Needs: Spiritual Caring and Religious Differences UNIT 4: Health Care Environment 18.Health Care Settings: Potential Job Sites 19.Health Care Systems: Financing Issues and Trends UNIT 5: Leading and Managing Others 20.Leadership Skills 21.LPN/LVN Charge Nurse Skills: Management Including Assignment and Delegation UNIT 6: End and a New Beginning 22.Finding a Job: What Works, and What Doesn’t 23.NCLEX-PN Examination 24.Future Career Decisions: Choosing What is Right For You Appendix A: NAPNES Standards of Practice and Educational Competencies for Graduates of Licensed Practical/Vocational Nursing Programs Appendix B: NFLPN Nursing Practice Standards for the Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse Glossary References and Suggested Readings Illustration Credits Index NCLEX-PN® Review Question Answer Key NANDA Nursing Diagnoses (Inside Back Cover)