- Vocabulary lessons that ask students to categorize words and derive meanings from roots so that they can handle anything on test day
- Math content lessons that explain what concepts will be tested, as well as how these concepts will look on the actual ISEE
- Detailed strategies and drills for the reading section
- Advice for the unscored writing sample
- One full-length practice test
Whether you are a family looking for a book to use independently or a school or tutoring company looking for a new text, this is the book for you. While most prep manuals from other publishers combine all levels of the ISEE and all levels of the SSAT into one single volume, all of the material in this book is specific to the Lower Level ISEE. Because of this approach, students can use Success on the Lower Level ISEE: A Complete Course more independently without being distracted by material that is not relevant to their test.
Success on the Lower Level ISEE: A Complete Course is part of a series of books from Test Prep Works developed specifically for the Lower Level ISEE. The full series also includes:
- The Best Unofficial Practice Tests for the Lower Level ISEE -- This book includes 2 additional full-length practice tests (with different questions than the practice test in Success on the Lower Level ISEE: A Complete Course, so there is no overlap between the books.)
- 30 Days to Acing the Lower Level ISEE -- This book consists of additional practice to help reinforce the content and strategies covered in Success on the Lower Level ISEE: A Complete Course. The book is divided into 15 "workouts", giving students an easy way to break up the practice into manageable chunks.
Each of these books can be used independently, or they can be used to complement each other, depending on the needs of each specific student.
|Publisher:||Test Prep Works, LLC|
|Product dimensions:||8.46(w) x 10.96(h) x 0.78(d)|
|Age Range:||1 - 17 Years|
About the Author
Christa is a graduate of Middlebury College and received her Masters in Education from the University of Virginia, a program nationally recognized for its excellence. She resides in Arlington, VA with her husband and three children. Christa continues to coach students one-on-one in the Washington, D.C., area as well as students all over the world via the internet.