This book explores concepts and practices for productive aging: What factors contribute to successful aging? What is the role of exercise and nutrition? What is the role of children and adults in interaction with elders?
The chapters identify the best practices for successful aging, examine trends in intergenerational caregiving, and define roles and responsibilities across the life span. Topics addressed include:
- how to maximize productive engagement of older adults
- how multigenerational issues impact successful aging
- the ways in which a learning environment can promote intergenerational relationships.
|Publisher:||Springer Publishing Company|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.14(w) x 9.21(h) x 0.56(d)|
Table of Contents
- Can Aging Be Interpreted as a Healthy, Positive Process? E.T. Juengst
- Maximizing the Productive Engagement of Older Adults, N. Morrow-Howell, F. Tang, J. Kim, et al.
- From Successful Aging to Conscious Aging, H.R. Moody
- Exercise and the Generations, B.L. Roberts and P.A. Adler
- Food for Thought...and Good Health, G.J. Petot
- Successful Aging in the Face of Chronic Disease, E. Kahana, C. King, B. Kahana, et al.
- Multigenerational Issues that Impact on Successful Aging in Seniors: Caregiving A Precious Gift, P.A. DeGolia
- Women and Intergenerational Caregiving in Families: Structure, Ethnicity, and Building Family Ties, C.M. Musil, C.B. Warner, E.P. Stoller, and T.E. Andersson
- Effects of Montessori-Based Intergenerational Program on Engagement and Affect for Adult Day Care Clients with Dementia, C.J. Camp, S. Orsulic-Jeras, M.M. Lee, and K.S. Judge
- Using a Learning Environment to Promote Intergenerational Relationships and Successful Aging, C. Whitehouse, S.J. FallCreek, and P.J. Whitehouse
Foreword, R.E. Eckardt
Introduction, M.L. Wykle, P.J. Whitehouse, and D.L. Morris
Part I: Health & Productivity Challenging the Mystique of Longevity, M.L. Wykle
Part II: What Constitutes Successful Aging? D.L. Morris
Part III: Aging Across Generations Interactions that Work,P.J. Whitehouse
Epilogue: Just Aging: Issues in Intergenerational Health, P.J. Whitehouse
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
*laughs* Be my butler? No no no! I totally forgive you. So don't cry. I hate it when meh peeps cry. So stawp. Were cool. ;) Oh and the story is awesomesauce Sweet Death!
So what u been doing.
HUZZAH FROM AL!