The hands-on workbook for consistently successful software development!
- Facilitate note taking for self-study and/or in the classroom
- Jumpstart development of "how-to-do-it" presentations
- Augment existing training/classroom material in the areas of
- Practical software engineering
- Software process improvement
- Software measurement
- Refresh understanding of key engineering concepts
Now, master proven, yet practical, techniques for delivering software that does what customers want it to do, on time, and within budget. Software development should not be a lottery!
With the Successful Software Development Study Guide, you gain insight into every stage of the software development life cycle and practical skills you'll use on your very next project! Working from this study guide's easy presentation format, you learn how to do the following:
- Develop a Systems Engineering Environment (SEE) - a complete, coherent model for consistent software development
- Create plans that reflect the need for change - and account for real-world risks
- Establish practical product development and management policies and procedures
- Improve the dialogue between developers and customers
- Use Object Measurement metrics that are business-focused and easily understood
- Manage the multiple constituencies, personalities, issues, and egos that complicate software development
Successful Software Development Study Guide includes over 500 landscape-formatted pages containing process diagrams; annotated outlines for SEE policies, guidelines, standards, and procedures; change control forms; and worked-out examples-all designed to help you deepen your knowledge and jumpstart your thinking.
Whatever kind of software you develop-desktop, server, component-based, Internet-focused, even hand-held-this study guide can help make it happen.
|Edition description:||Study Guid|
|Product dimensions:||8.20(w) x 10.60(h) x 1.20(d)|