Sugar Princess: Skating to Win, Volume 1 by Hisaya Nakajo
• From the author of the popular shojo series Hana-Kimi.
• Sugar Princess is the most recent series from Hisaya Nakajo.
• The first chapter of Sugar Princess is to be previewed in the July 2008 issue of Shojo Beat magazine.
• Over 250k units of Hana-Kimi manga have sold-through in the U.S. to date.
• Beautiful art, and fun and charming characters will appeal to readers of all ages.
• Originally serialized in the bi-weekly manga anthology Hana to Yume (Flowers & Dreams) from Hakusensha.
• Volume 2 ranked #34 on 3/18/2007 Tohan rankings in Japan.
• Volume 1 features 6 one-page profiles (illustrations and author comments) on famous figure skaters.
Maya Kurinoki is an 8th-grader who has no experience in ice-skating but seems to have natural talent. She performs a double axel and impresses a scout named Eiji Todo, who tells her that he can make her a skating "princess." Todo tells Maya that she'll have to convince famous skater Shun Kano to coach her and become her skating partner. Unfortunately for Maya, Shun only wants to skate singles.
When Maya Kurinoki takes her little brother to the local ice-skating rink for the first time, she's got her hands full just trying to get him to let go of the bar. To inspire a bit of bravery in him, she attempts a double axeland lands it! Maya never imagined that this jump would change her life...or that a coach named Eiji Todo would vow to make her a figure skating "princess"! Now all Maya has to do is convince famous skater Shun Kano to become her partner. Too bad Shun doesn't want to have anything to do with her!