From Authors: KaraLynne Mackrory, J. Marie Croft, Linda Beutler, Karen M. Cox, Abigail Bok, Natali Richards, Sophia Rose and Morgan K. Wyatt.
If you desire a little heat, a summer flirtation, or an escape to bask in your own private sun, this whimsical collection of original short stories is inspired by all things summer. In collaboration with some of Meryton Press's most popular and award-winning authors, this anthology debuts other promising and emerging talent.
• In KaraLynne Mackrory's Shades of Pemberley, Mr. Darcy, with some fantastic assistance, discovers Elizabeth Bennet in a most unlikely place.
• Karen M. Cox's Northanger Revisited 2015 modernizes Northanger Abbey at a fictionalized seaside in Georgia.
• Linda Beutler takes us to Paris as a young gentleman is schooled in the ways of amour in The Incomplete Education of Fitzwilliam Darcy.
• In Spyglasses and Sunburns, J. Marie Croft takes the Miss Bennets to the seaside where they chance upon handsome acquaintances.
• In Abigail Bok's A Summer in Sanditon, a little sea bathing seems just the thing to cure what ails Anne de Bourgh.
• In Natalie Richards' Midsummer Madness, an honest confession and a promise between strangers at a masque ball mend a misunderstanding.
• Sophia Rose re-imagines a modern-day Persuasion in Second Chance at Sunset Beach.
• In Morgan K Wyatt's Dream Spinner, a near-death car accident and an unlikely trucker bring new perspective to a young co-ed's life and love.
Contemporary and Regency alike, each romance was dreamt as a perfect summer refreshment to bring a smile to your own sun-kissed face.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
This collection of short stories is perfect for anytime, whether it be a warm summer day or just wishing it so! I loved all the stories, particularly the ones with the beloved Mr. Darcy and Miss Bennet! The writing was witty, creative, and I was thoroughly entertained!